Cancellation & Refund Policy
Application to cancel must be made in writing, signed by the registrant and submitted to Organising Chairman, with a copy to the Congress Office email address
- Cancellation received 8 weeks or more prior to the commencement date: ZAR 500 will be charged for administration
- Cancellation received within 4 to 8 weeks prior to the commencement date: 50% will be refunded
- Cancellation within 4 weeks prior to the commencement date: No Refund will be made
- Refunds will be processed after the congress
- No refunds will be made for meals not taken
Code of Conduct
- Participants and their staff are required to conduct business and themselves in a manner that is professional and socially acceptable.
- Exhibitors are required to acquaint themselves with the contents of suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- Complaints will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
- SCC’s terms and conditions apply. (Obtainable from the SCC)
All companies must comply with the pharmaceutical and medical device industry codes of practice. Please visit the following websites for guidelines:
- www.ifpma.org Code of Practice guidelines of the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations (IFPMA)
- www.efpia.eu European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- www.eucomed.org Europe medical technology industry
- www.advamed.org US-based Advanced medical Technology Organization
- www.phrma.org US-based Pharmaceutical and Research manufacturers of America
Compliance with Laws
Participants shall comply with all local, laws, statutes, ordinances, regulations and rules applicable to the venue which are in force or applicable during the Congress, including without limitation those relating to health and safety, hygiene and fire hazards.
SASUOG and the Organisers shall not be liable for the failure to comply with any obligation as a result of any force majeure event which shall include without limitation, acts of God, strikes, lock-outs, acts of war, terrorism, fire, protest, power failure or other natural disasters.
Terms and regulations shall be governed in all respects by the law of the Republic of South Africa.
- The Participant indemnifies and agrees to hold the SASUOG, Organisers, its directors, employees and agents harmless for any damage, loss, death or injury occurring at or about the Congress or in any manner associated therewith
- The Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the SASUOG, Organisers, its employees and agents against any claims or expenses arising out of anything occurring at or about the exhibitor’s stand or in any other manner attributable thereto.
- InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers - 5 star “Contemporary, Convenient and Luxury” linked to congress venue
- Sandton Sun Hotel - 5 star hotel connected to the Sandton Convention Centre, integrated into Sandton City and a 15-minute Gautrain journey from O.R. Tambo
- Garden Court Sandton City - 3 star hotel adjacent to the congress venue “Urban Design Meets Affordability In Sandton City”
- City Lodge Hotel Sandton, Morningside
- General Practitioner
- Medical Student
- Allied Health professional
- Accompanying guest: spouse, child or partner accompanying a registered delegate
- Trade Delegate / Exhibitor: Registered representative in the service of a company participating in the Commercial Exhibition
Attire and what to pack
- Academic Sessions: Business elegant or smart casual
- Welcome Reception: Smart casual or a jacket and tie
- SASUOG Gala Dinner: Formal attire or the formal dress of your country or culture will be most appropriate
Day trips and excursions normally include some walking
- Comfortable clothes and walking shoes
-The days can be very hot and it is advisable to dress in “layers”
- Portable photographic equipment
- Small pair of binoculars for birding
- Field guides on fauna & flora
- Sun shield or sunglasses, sunscreen and sun hat to protect from sun
Please take note of the new South African regulations and documents required when traveling with Children under the age of 18: Read the checklist on http://www.drivesouthafrica.co.za/child-visa-checklist/
It is early summer and the weather should be hot, but unpredictable with rain.
Daily Lecture Venues
- Plenary: SCC Ballroom
- Workshops: Refer to the Final Program or visit the Registration Desk for details.
Evening Event Venues
- Welcome event: SCC Ballroom - exhibition
- Gala Dinner: Venue to be advised
- SCC Ballroom
- Refer to the Final Program for details
- Accreditation points will be allocated for every session
- The certificates will be distributed via email or available from the website
Copying or Recording of Lectures and Presentations
Intellectual property rights restrict the copying or recording of lectures and presentations
Postal Address: P O Box 9675, Centurion, Gauteng, 0046, South Africa
South African Rand (ZAR) and Credit cards are accepted by most hotels and shops
Foreign Exchange branches are located at the airport, at most banks
Payment of the registration fee entitles the Delegate to:
- Participate in the congress
- Access to academic sessions
- Lunch and refreshments served during official program breaks
- Access to Congress Exhibition
- Name badge
- Final programme
- Access to the Welcome event
- Gala Dinner: Cost - Refer to the registration form
A Commercial Exhibition will be held simultaneously to the Scientific Program.
Insurance, Liabilities and Security
All participants (exhibitors or delegates) and persons using the venue MUST arrange, at their own cost, “all risk” insurance coverage from their country of origin to cover the exhibition stand for the duration of the exhibition period as well as transport time. This insurance coverage should be against injury to persons, fire, theft, damage to or loss of property, medical expenses, accidents, loss, etc.
- The SCC and SASUOG shall ensure that suitably qualified security personnel are present at the venue during daily conference program times.
- Lecture venues will be locked up where possible once the congress activities have closed for the day.
- Participants are strongly advised not to leave valuables unattended, nor to leave same in the venues overnight.
- Additional stand security may be ordered at a cost payable by exhibiting companies.
- Participants understand that neither the Organisers nor the SASUOG maintain insurance coverage. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to be fully covered by insurance and take out “public liability” and “comprehensive” protection.
Meals: Lunch & Refreshment Breaks
- Food and beverages will be served in the exhibition areas during scheduled lunch and refreshment breaks (Refer Final Program for details)
- Food serving stations will be set up for all delegates
- Meals not taken cannot be refunded
- Participants requiring special meals such as STRICT Halaal or STRICT Kosher must indicate so on the registration form. _A fee will be payable for meals ordered from outside kitchens. Meal orders must be placed in writing and paid for before 10th October.
- Vegetarian options will be available during meals
- Food allergies and other dietary requirements. It is the participant’s responsibility to notify the organisers in advance and also the staff at the dining venue/s: Upon arrival at the hotel, notify the chef/s or banquet manager in order for them to arrange alternatives. At the dining venue, notify the manager on duty or waiter at their table.
- SASUOG Member - Delegate who is a member of SASUOG and whose fees are paid up.
Non-member: Delegate who is not a registered member of SASUOG or a member whose fees are not paid up.
If you register as a Member and your fees are not paid up, the Registrations Manager will correct your registration amount and charge you accordingly.
- Name badges will be supplied to all registered participants. These will be available for collection onsite at the Congress Registration Desk
- Attendees and Accompanying guests are required to wear the official congress name badges for access to academic sessions and to all official congress events.
- Exhibiting Company Representatives are welcome to wear their company name badges as long as the Congress Name Badge is also visible.
Passport & Visa
When arriving at the port of entry in South Africa have the following ready:
- Air ticket / itinerary
- A passport is necessary for all visitors.
- Passports must be valid for six months from the visa’s date of entry.
- Your passport must have at least 3x blank pages.
- Foreign Passport holders must make their own arrangements for their visas prior to departing.
- Please check with the immigration or consulate in your country if you require a visa.
Please take note of the new South African regulations for people traveling with children under the age of 18:
Read checklist on http://www.drivesouthafrica.co.za/child-visa-checklist/
- Payment is required within 7 working days from date of registration
- Payment must be made in South African Rand (ZAR)
- Pay via BANK OR ELECTRONIC TRANSFER. Funds transfer charges, currency exchange costs must be paid by the registrant
- BANK DETAILS will be printed on the invoice
- Reference: Attendee’s name and surname
- The Organizing Committee, registration staff, Presenters and Journalists may photograph or take video footage of events and exhibitions
- Please inform the Organisers if you do not wish to be photographed
- Newsletters: From time to time, you may receive information regarding Congresses. You may opt out at any time by returning your email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line
- Contact information will not be shared with parties not participating in this congress
The acceptance of a product or service for exhibition does not in any manner constitute an endorsement by the Organisers, the SASUOG Committees or the SASUOG members.
- ALL speakers, accompanying guests, personnel, exhibitors and representatives are required to register for the congress
- Payment of registrations must be made prior to the meeting
- The registration desk will be open on a daily basis
- All participants are required to book or confirm their attendance to reserve their place at social events
- Extra tickets for participation in any of the social events are available for purchase at Registration and will be subject to availability
Your safety and wellbeing are our most important concern. As in all large cities, we ask you to be careful and take the usual precautions. Every effort will be made to ensure that your visit will be a happy, safe and memorable experience.
- Airport Shuttle Bus runs daily between the Airport and the City.
- Airport shuttles can also be booked through your hotel.
Smoking is only allowed outdoors in designated areas.
Refer Final Programme for details
Tours in and around Southern Africa
Examples and options are available on the tour operator’s website: www.timutravel.co.za.
15% VAT is payable on all products and services.